Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with decimals

jackersantos
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to calculate the amount of days between two dates (note: one of them is in datetime format, and the other is date)

jackersantos_0-1597362530961.png

Later I'm using a formula tool to classify everything that is below 44.50, but I'm having the following issue;

It seems like .50 is not being considered in my formula tool. No matter if I have 44.51 or 44.49 alteryx will say it is 44.

Decimals are important to me in this situation. I need to filter out everything that has less than 44.49 days. 44.50 an above should be kept.

I have tried to change the format in the screenshot above to fixed decimals, but it didn't work out either. Any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot this?

Second issue I'm having is that if I remove the tonumber from the screenshot above alteryx returns the following error:

jackersantos_1-1597362887709.png

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jackersantos ,

The datetimediff gives you only an integer response, so if you want to have your result in decimals, I suggest you to calculate the difference in minutes and then divide it per 60*24 (minutes*hours) to give you the same answer but with decimals.

Your another issue is related to the "Sem data" possibility transforming your field in a string column.

BEst,

Fernando Vizcaino

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think the issue is that the DateTimeDiff function only returns results in whole numbers, so it will return 1 or 2 or 3 days, but not 1.5 days. If you need greater granularity, you'll have to select the unit as 'hours' and convert it to days yourself.

jackersantos
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino @DavidP thank you so much for your help. I resolved it by using hours in DatetimeDiff then dividing this by 24 and using 'round' formula to round the number. At the end I got what I need (44.49 and below is out of my analysis and the rest is in).

Labels