Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with collation between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS"

kelkboom
7 - Meteor

I have a database where i use case sensitive to arrange my data better. @ point 1 my database has a collation "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS". @point 2 Alteryx insert the data in a temp table with the default Collation that is "Latin1_General_CI_AS".

Capture error1.PNG

then i get this error when running my flow.

Capture error.PNG

Error: Browse In-DB (11): Error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.\42000 = 468
in Query: .....

Where / how can i tell Alteryx to ignore this error of tell it to use a different Collation...

regards

Humberto Kelkboom

4 REPLIES 4
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@kelkboom - would you be able to set the collation using the Pre-SQL statement in the Input tool configuration?

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
rlease
5 - Atom

I am trying to work through this error:

Error: Browse In-DB (25): Error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.\42000 = 468

in Query:

I believe I need to use a COLLATE clause.  Can I use it in the query builder configuration screen of the In-Database Connect IN-DB?

Can you provide an example?

Thanks!

kelkboom
7 - Meteor
I made sure that all my DB's have the same Collation properties. Regards Humberto
akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @SophiaF, I know this is an old thread but I'm experiencing the same issue. I've set the collation in the pre-sql statement as I've had to do that to join to some tables.

My issue seems to be when I try to join with an excel file that I've data streamed into my SQL environment. Is there a way I can set a collation on the excel data coming in?

Thanks

Labels