Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with collation between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS"

kelkboom
7 - Meteor

I have a database where i use case sensitive to arrange my data better. @ point 1 my database has a collation "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS". @point 2 Alteryx insert the data in a temp table with the default Collation that is "Latin1_General_CI_AS".

Capture error1.PNG

then i get this error when running my flow.

Capture error.PNG

Error: Browse In-DB (11): Error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.\42000 = 468
in Query: .....

Where / how can i tell Alteryx to ignore this error of tell it to use a different Collation...

regards

Humberto Kelkboom

4 REPLIES 4
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@kelkboom - would you be able to set the collation using the Pre-SQL statement in the Input tool configuration?

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
rlease
5 - Atom

I am trying to work through this error:

Error: Browse In-DB (25): Error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.\42000 = 468

in Query:

I believe I need to use a COLLATE clause.  Can I use it in the query builder configuration screen of the In-Database Connect IN-DB?

Can you provide an example?

Thanks!

kelkboom
7 - Meteor
I made sure that all my DB's have the same Collation properties. Regards Humberto
akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @SophiaF, I know this is an old thread but I'm experiencing the same issue. I've set the collation in the pre-sql statement as I've had to do that to join to some tables.

My issue seems to be when I try to join with an excel file that I've data streamed into my SQL environment. Is there a way I can set a collation on the excel data coming in?

Thanks

Labels