Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with Excel output for special character

TahoeLove
5 - Atom

I have a business case where I need to insert a special character such as a Check or X for the for a given value if the conditions are met.

this is obviously not the correct syntax for the expression but this is the concept I am trying solve.

If Submission date ="1" then "Special Character "X" + Submission Date" else Submission date endif

For reference I found this article on the message board which works great for replacing.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Issue-with-PNG-PDF-output-for-special-...

This is a example of how I would like it to look in the end.

TahoeLove_0-1620956340160.png

The attached workflow has some dummy data to help kick off the process.

Thank you in advanced.

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Formula building doesn't really work in Table - but your dual column rows can create a red X and then a 1 in Arial/black/size 8.

Is that what you wanted?

TahoeLove
5 - Atom

kinda there could be other rules where if the value is greater > some value then place special character such as below.

TahoeLove_0-1620961868654.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

O.k. - so I think I have a dyanmic solution - but it's not pretty - could you post what you posted as an image as a .yxdb or .xlsx file? basically I can see a granular dynamic table with the  magic of batch macro and render and then recreating that as a larger table.

also - can you confirm that non-zero values/a.k.a. red x can occur in any column?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

2021-05-13 (5).png

2021-05-13 (6).png

 and here's  a slightly updated version

This would be my start - obviously the problems are - 1) we want individual cells not groups of them with the same vales. 2) how to join them. Developing solutions for 1) - 2) will require some summarize and some join tools.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

2021-05-13 (7).png

so the short is it's doable. Assuming there is a lot of data - the individually rendered cells method could be worthwhile.

TahoeLove
5 - Atom

This look promising can you please share the workflow?

Thank you

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Sure - but keep in mind that it still will need some work to get your data as you want. As I see it - you'll have to add an outer batch macro column and then the summarize/union and summarize horizontal for the final columns will do their work.

Labels