Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with Excel output for special character

TahoeLove
5 - Atom

I have a business case where I need to insert a special character such as a Check or X for the for a given value if the conditions are met.

this is obviously not the correct syntax for the expression but this is the concept I am trying solve.

If Submission date ="1" then "Special Character "X" + Submission Date" else Submission date endif

For reference I found this article on the message board which works great for replacing.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Issue-with-PNG-PDF-output-for-special-...

This is a example of how I would like it to look in the end.

TahoeLove_0-1620956340160.png

The attached workflow has some dummy data to help kick off the process.

Thank you in advanced.

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Formula building doesn't really work in Table - but your dual column rows can create a red X and then a 1 in Arial/black/size 8.

Is that what you wanted?

TahoeLove
5 - Atom

kinda there could be other rules where if the value is greater > some value then place special character such as below.

TahoeLove_0-1620961868654.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

O.k. - so I think I have a dyanmic solution - but it's not pretty - could you post what you posted as an image as a .yxdb or .xlsx file? basically I can see a granular dynamic table with the  magic of batch macro and render and then recreating that as a larger table.

also - can you confirm that non-zero values/a.k.a. red x can occur in any column?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

2021-05-13 (5).png

2021-05-13 (6).png

 and here's  a slightly updated version

This would be my start - obviously the problems are - 1) we want individual cells not groups of them with the same vales. 2) how to join them. Developing solutions for 1) - 2) will require some summarize and some join tools.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

2021-05-13 (7).png

so the short is it's doable. Assuming there is a lot of data - the individually rendered cells method could be worthwhile.

TahoeLove
5 - Atom

This look promising can you please share the workflow?

Thank you

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Sure - but keep in mind that it still will need some work to get your data as you want. As I see it - you'll have to add an outer batch macro column and then the summarize/union and summarize horizontal for the final columns will do their work.

Labels