Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with Designer freezing if 2 or more workflows are open in the same designer session

dlweldon
7 - Meteor

Hi

We just upgraded to 2018.2 and I am hearing about issues with having 2 or more workflows open on the desktop.  My users end up opening Task Manager and killing the Alteryx process.  There is also a general slowness that everyone is experiencing is this normal?

Thanks in Advance!
Diana

7 REPLIES 7
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Haven't tried 2018.2; but can confirm this issue isn't common on 2018.3.  May want to upgrade again.

dlweldon
7 - Meteor

Thank you...Good to know.  We probably won't upgrade now until 1st Q next year, but it's good to know that it doesn't happen in 2018.3.

:)

LelandM
6 - Meteoroid

I run into a similar problem randomly where I open up another workflow and Alteryx just freezes.  I have to terminate the process and reopen Alteryx and then it works just fine.  I'm currently using 2018.2 as well.  I haven't run into any slow-down problems otherwise.

rjain
6 - Meteoroid

This has been a major issue for me in 2018.3 and in previous versions.  If I open more than 1 workflow from windows explorer, Alteryx freezes.  To overcome this, I have to 'kill' Alteryx through task manager and restart.

Any other suggestions on correcting this?

dlweldon
7 - Meteor

It isn’t an official fix but I did find a work around to prevent the freezing.

If you go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings

There is an option to have workflows open in separate instances instead of the same window in tabs and it stops the pane from freezing.

Just uncheck this box.

Hope this helps in the interim while Alteryx looks into a better fix.

ckirgiz
7 - Meteor

I guess there is still no fix on this. I have the same problem but found your suggestion useful. Thanks! But it should definitely be an official fix on this. 

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you all for your feedback! We have logged a defect for this and it will be fixed in a future version (DE19456 for reference). We don't have an ETA on a fix, currently, but stay tuned!

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels