Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with Date formatting

HassimDiallo
6 - Meteoroid

Hello. I am fairly new and eager to become an SME on Alteryx. I am working on Alteryx workflow and I am experiencing the below issues:

i have two string Columns Month (APRIL) and Year (2017) and need to transform them into two additional columns Date (APRIL 2017) and As of Date (04/01/2017). 

For the date column, i am using a Formula ([MONTH]+" "+[YEAR]) which gets me to my desired output.

the issue for As of Date, i am also using a Formula (DateTimeFormat([Date],'%m/%d/%Y')) but all the outputs are returning Null. for the life of me i cannot seem to figure out the issue. all the data are v-String so i thought it should work. Please help!

HassimDiallo_1-1591800701471.png

Kind regards!

6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @HassimDiallo ,

To transform the column monthyear to a date format column, you need to use the datetimeparse function as workflow attached or the datetime tool from the parse category.

The datetimeformat function is used when you want to transform a date column in a string with a specific format.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

rupali_bhise
8 - Asteroid

Hey @HassimDiallo , 

Attaching reference workflow & screenshot, if it will help you.

Date formatting.png

Good luck

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @HassimDiallo 

Try this.

Please mark as acceptable solution + like, if it works for you.

RNO2_0-1591805553986.png

Cheers!

HassimDiallo
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @Rupali_bhise for the below. to clarify, I actually need the dateTime_Out output to show as 4/1/2017 and the Date as April 2017. i tried changing the format to MM/dd/yyyy but i am getting a Null output in DateTime_out.

Regards,

Hassim

HassimDiallo
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you all. Your inputs have been very valuable and helpful!

Regards,

Hassim Diallo

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Thank you @HassimDiallo !

I appreciate your feedback.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Cheers!

Labels