community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.9

The latest release includes several enhancements designed to improve your Community experience!

Learn More

Issue with Browse Window blocking flow confirmation

Asteroid

If I have a flow running, and a browse from the early portion of the flow finishes, so I click the link the in the results pane to take a peek at the records, that window will sometimes be in a place where it covers the "Flow Complete" dialog box that pops up when a flow finishes.  So now that dialog box is the active Alteryx window, but I can't click OK, because it's covered by the browse window, which I can't close, because non of its buttons are clickable, because the other dialog box is active.  In older versions, I used to be able to hit spacebar to 'click' OK in the dialog box, but that no longer works.  So now I have to use Task manager to force close Designer, which, as you can imagine, is not ideal.

I know I should just move the browse window before the flow finishes, but I'm clearly not good at doing that, and this used to not be an issue because there was a way around it, and I don't want to disable the "flow complete" dialog entirely.  Does anyone have a way around this since the 2018.4 update when the look of the UI changed?  I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi Justin, 

Could you please share a screenshot of the error?

Asteroid

Hi Jacob,

It isn't really an error message that pops up. And I'm not sure a screenshot would really show much. I know how to duplicate it, but I don't want to do it at this moment, because it messes with my workflow. I'll reply back in a bit when I can get a screenshot. Thanks!

Asteroid

Here's the best I've got.  So my browse window in this screen shot is right at the same spot the dialog box pops up.  So now I can't get to that to click "ok".  And have to open windows task manager to kill Alteryx.

2019-01-11_13-52-14.jpg

We were able to replicate this error on multiple computers, and I believe it's a bug. I don't think it can be remedied through settings modification. I would recommend reporting this to support@alteryx.com, since I haven't encountered this error before this version.

Asteroid

Sounds good, I will do that.  Thanks, Jacob!

Highlighted

Hi Justin, 

I just wanted to mention that from my experience as well as others dealing with this issue, using task manager is still the best way of getting around it. However I would suggest using task manager to stop just the browse window associated with the Alteryx instance rather than the program overall. 

Capture.PNG

Alteryx
Alteryx

A defect has been created, and this issue should be solved in a future update...

Customer Support Engineer
Labels