Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with 2019.4 installation and getting Jupyter to load successfully

corleyr
7 - Meteor

I installed 2019.4 Designer on a fresh machine and cannot get the Python tool to work properly.  The error I am getting is:

Uncrecoverable: Shut down Alteryx, fix this error, then restart. 

Jupyter Server tried to start in:"C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\JupyterTool_vEnv" That directory does not exist.  Your Alteryx install has been broken.  Reinstall.

Looked for this folder to verify and it does not exist.  Also checked the jupyer_server.log file and it is there but empty.  Even after uninstalling and reinstalling Alteryx, this does not fix it.  All of this has been running as elevated on Windows 10. Not sure what to do to get Jupyter installed properly.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

When you re-installed, did you install the R tools with Designer? If not, go to downloads.alteryx.com to download them. 

Select Designer and then the version of Alteryx you have. It will be the Predictive tools.

echuong1_0-1578580777557.png

corleyr
7 - Meteor

I had the R tools installed the first time, but did not have them installed the second install time.  Just went and got them again and installed.  Still having the same issue.  I restarted the computer just to make sure everything was fresh.

AndrewKramer
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Do the following files exist: 

"C:/Program Files/Alteryx/bin/Miniconda3/Common_Config/jupyter-tool.log"

"C:/Program Files/Alteryx/bin/Miniconda3/Common_Config/requirements-python-tool.txt.log"

If so, can you share the log files?

corleyr
7 - Meteor

I only see jupyter-tool.log file in this folder.  I renamed it to a txt file so that I could attach it.  Did not see the requirements-python-tool.txt.log file.

Thanks

AndrewKramer
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It looks like the Python Tool is unable to create a virtual environment due to a syntax error in your personal .condarc file. See below (ports/url masked for privacy):  

InvalidTypeError: Parameter proxy_servers = 'port:url port:url' declared in C:\Users\corleyr\.condarc has type str.
Valid types:
  - frozendict

Can you correct your .condarc file and reinstall alteryx?

corleyr
7 - Meteor

Thank you Andrew.  I had a custom .condarc file that I forgot about and this was causing the issue.  Works now!!!

Labels