Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issue in connecting the SQL Server using SQL Listener

urfriendumesh
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm trying to establish a SQL Database Server Connection in the Input tool using the SQL listener (instead of an individual SQL server), but unable to connect. But, the connection works fine when tried connecting using the individual SQL servers.

I tried connecting using both Quick Connect and OleDB. Can you please help me understand the issue and a solution.

Thanks,

Umesh

Alteryx Designer-SQL Listener connect error.png

2 REPLIES 2
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@urfriendumesh I was researching this for you and it might be down to how the Listener and your SQL Server components have been set up. Reading this link:

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/a-network-related-or-instance-specific-error-occurred/

Some of these checks may help you also. 

Let me know how you get on.

urfriendumesh
7 - Meteor

Thanks @RishiK and sorry for the delay in response. Unfortunately, the checks in the above link did not help me much.

I have got this issue sorted out in an another way. Added the SQL listener under Saved --> Manage saved Connections --> Add Connection --> SQL Server. The SQL Listener connection is loading fine now and able to connect.

urfriendumesh_0-1627445700505.png

Labels