Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue in batch macro

AlterCom
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm facing issue in the batch macro designed. Basically, what this batch macro does is loading the input parameters (of a workflow) from an excel. For eg, the batch macro runs a workflow for different sites. At iteration 1, the batch macro runs the workflow for Site A. (Fetches the data from Site A, posts the data on Site A). At iteration 2, the batch macro runs the workflow for Site B. 

The problem is if I run the batch macro for Site A and Site B then incorrect number of records get posted on Site A and Site B respectively. If on the other hand, by applying a filter, I fetch and post data to each site separately then it works fine. 

Any suggestions?

TIA!

3 REPLIES 3
andyuttley
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi @AlterCom 

It sounds like - because your workflow runs fine if you just run it as seperate filters - that your batch macro might not be configured correctly. Do you have an example you're able to package and share here?

When building a batch macro like this, my process would normally be:

- build the process using filters for one run, e.g. filters for 'Site A', and check it runs as expected as a workflow

- I'd then connect a control parameter to the filter tool(s) above (via an action tool), and tell it to update 'Site A' on every run

- This would give me two inputs to my macro: my excel file; and the control parameter which will expect a list of sites

- plug this macro into your excel file - the control parameter input should have a unique list of Sites (e.g. in your example it should just be two rows only: Site A and Site B)

Obviously it's tricky without the workflow to debug, but if you're unable to send, then hopefully you can cross check against the steps above maybe. My thoughts are that your control parameter isn't operating as it should.

Hope that helps,

Andy 

AlterCom
8 - Asteroid

Hi @andyuttley ! Thanks for the fast response. I've tried the steps suggested by you. The results are still the same. I can share the workflow but it won't work, because natuarally I configure the tools with client's data.

Have checked by adding a control parameter for site as well. Have checked configuration of Control Parameters also.

Any thoughts?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @AlterCom 

Like @andyuttley mentioned, the error is probably buried in configuration of the action tools in you macro.  Unfortunately, to get any further, we're going to need some more details.  The best case would be if you could provide your workflow with a small sample of sanitized data.  Just a few records from Site A and a few from Site B.  Clean out all identifying information and provide only the fields necessary to reproduce the problem.  

If this isn't possible then just provide your macro and some sample input data. 

At the very least we'll need some images of your macro and how the the various action tools and their respective targets are configured.

Dan

Labels