community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Issue activating (trial or valid key)

Atom

CMD activation worked for me, I had similar issue before. Thanks for sharing. Krish

Alteryx
Alteryx

Version 2019.2 was supposed to fix the issue but we are still seeing it albeit more sporadically. Companies that have restrictions on their end users machines may run into issues with calling from the cmd line.  If you would like to set up a call so that our engineering team can take a look at the issue, please email us at fulfillment@alteryx.com with a time and date that works best for a webex and a user that is experiencing the bug so we can troubleshoot root cause.

Thanks

James

Alteryx
Alteryx

To fix this issue for activating the free trial you will need to take your machine offline (disconnect from the internet), then open alteryx, and activate your free trial.

Thanks

James

Atom

Thanks James, the cmd option worked for my activation. However, as I tried to install the newer version updates, it redirected me to the webpage and prompted a message asking me to enter my license key.. then an error message showing my key was not valid showed up. I activated Alteryx successfully using the exact same key earlier via cmd so the key itself should not be the problem. Do you have any workarounds/ thoughts/ updates on this? Thanks.

Alteryx
Alteryx

@Jess_Lin  Sorry for the delay in response.  If this is still unresolved do you mind opening a case by emailing fulfillment@alteryx.com with screenshots of the error you are receiving and a good time for a call or webex?  There will be an auto reply from fulfillment@alteryx.com with a case#.  If you can message me the case number I can notify our fulfillment team to help troubleshoot.

Thanks

James

Atom

This worked for me and my team. Options > Manage Licenses > Activate New License. It appears you can put anything you want in the email field once your internet is turned off. It has not asked to re-activate after internet was on so this seems to be best solution. Worked for 6 of my colleagues. 

Meteor

Thanks. This worked for me.

Atom

Me too

Labels