Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue-Downloading Google Web Data (Not Google Analytics)

fauziaqbiz
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Folks,

I have a link which I can access through browser(provided I'm signed in to my Google account with the necessary permissions) and it displays the data in the browser.

Now I'm trying to download this data by supplying the link in the download tool while I also provided my Google credentials in the Connection tab of the Download tool.

On running the workflow, in the DownloadData field I see some HTML code with redirection, instead of the expected data.

Can anyone help me understand what I'm missing here.

Please find below, the screenshot.

GSP_API.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hello @fauziaqbiz

First thing's first, you should know that your password and stuff are saved in here, which could be problematic if someone wants to make it one.

So after reading your problem a few times and trying to attack it myself, I think that what you are trying to do is not exactly what this tool is designed to do. I feel that you might be trying to scrape the data that you are accessing while logging into Google's Double Click Campaign Manager. However, with this tool, you have to connect to a specific API. Luckily Google has killer API documentation which you can go over here: https://developers.google.com/doubleclick-advertisers/

I don't use this service so I cannot test it by myself. Please let us know if you need any more help.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
fauziaqbiz
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks.I'll try that out and update you!

Labels