Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Isolating certain dates based on user input

Jesse_Riegel
7 - Meteor

Hi there, 

I'm sorry if this is too simple for this for thread, but I am trying to isolate journal entries that fall outside of the fiscal year, as determined by the user. The flow works, however when I created a macro with it, asking the user to select the start and end dates, I get the error, "[Referring to the filter tools] The field "2016-01-01" is not contained in the record."

I haven't added any fields to this data and am sure this is a quick fix but not sure what it is. Also, is there a simpler way to do this? 

Thanks,

Jesse

2 REPLIES 2
gc
9 - Comet

Jesse, can you try running this workflow with your (slightly modified) macro to see if it works for you?

Jesse_Riegel
7 - Meteor

Thanks gc for the reply!

I found out what I was doing wrong... It wasn't in the union, it was in my actions - I didn't click "replace a specific string" and so it must have been adding a field with the input of the period. Here's the altered one, with a "score" field to make an identifier. Thanks again for your help - knowing someone else cares about my project was enough encouragement to wade through the muck. 

Jesse

Labels