Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Isolating certain dates based on user input

Jesse_Riegel
7 - Meteor

Hi there, 

I'm sorry if this is too simple for this for thread, but I am trying to isolate journal entries that fall outside of the fiscal year, as determined by the user. The flow works, however when I created a macro with it, asking the user to select the start and end dates, I get the error, "[Referring to the filter tools] The field "2016-01-01" is not contained in the record."

I haven't added any fields to this data and am sure this is a quick fix but not sure what it is. Also, is there a simpler way to do this? 

Thanks,

Jesse

2 REPLIES 2
gc
9 - Comet

Jesse, can you try running this workflow with your (slightly modified) macro to see if it works for you?

Jesse_Riegel
7 - Meteor

Thanks gc for the reply!

I found out what I was doing wrong... It wasn't in the union, it was in my actions - I didn't click "replace a specific string" and so it must have been adding a field with the input of the period. Here's the altered one, with a "score" field to make an identifier. Thanks again for your help - knowing someone else cares about my project was enough encouragement to wade through the muck. 

Jesse

Labels