Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is this possible?

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

Happy Friday 🙂

I have a conundrum that I would like your help with and I am not sure if it is possible! I am using a join to link a central set of values so I can compare to Values from various countries. 

The left join is my Global baseline, the right my market data. When I have an instance from the left that doesn't appear in the right, I would like to append it with the Market code so I can see which global entries aren't in use in the markets. Below is a mock up of what I would like it to do!

Bigmonki_0-1594388081224.png

3 REPLIES 3
wwatson
12 - Quasar

can you post a snip of the join with it's inputs and outputs? Do you have a union after the join to pull the L and J outputs together?

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Bigmonki 

Its always possible

You need to first create every possibility of Link & Market, I took a group of each market from the right and appended it to the left before my join.

Then when I do the join on link, value and market the L output gives the combinations that are missing

Capture.JPG

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

@LordNeilLord Genius! Everyday is a school day. It's always the simplest solution that should be the obvious, I must stop over thinking things.

Appreciate the quick response, this was a perfect solution. Have a great weekend.

Labels