Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is this possible?

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

Happy Friday 🙂

I have a conundrum that I would like your help with and I am not sure if it is possible! I am using a join to link a central set of values so I can compare to Values from various countries. 

The left join is my Global baseline, the right my market data. When I have an instance from the left that doesn't appear in the right, I would like to append it with the Market code so I can see which global entries aren't in use in the markets. Below is a mock up of what I would like it to do!

Bigmonki_0-1594388081224.png

3 REPLIES 3
wwatson
12 - Quasar

can you post a snip of the join with it's inputs and outputs? Do you have a union after the join to pull the L and J outputs together?

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Bigmonki 

Its always possible

You need to first create every possibility of Link & Market, I took a group of each market from the right and appended it to the left before my join.

Then when I do the join on link, value and market the L output gives the combinations that are missing

Capture.JPG

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

@LordNeilLord Genius! Everyday is a school day. It's always the simplest solution that should be the obvious, I must stop over thinking things.

Appreciate the quick response, this was a perfect solution. Have a great weekend.

Labels