Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there any way/tools to get the input file name or path?

Krasus
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I think it is a simply question but i just break my head.

I have only one input file, how can i get its name or maybe its path without knowing its path? (i think we have the function FileGetFileName(Path) But it doesn't work if we don't know the path )

Capture.JPG

Thanks a lot.

7 REPLIES 7
chris_love
12 - Quasar

There's an option for this in Input Data tool - see below (option 4 in that screenshot), just change it to either option (not the default "No")

2015-10-29_14-22-34.jpg

Krasus
8 - Asteroid

thanks very much!!!!!!!!

chris_love
12 - Quasar

No problem - easy when you know how, very difficult when you don't :-)

cbridges
11 - Bolide

I just have to say how much I love the phrase "I break my head." I, too, break my head often! I love it! Another phrase I use often is that something I'm trying to figure out "makes my brain hurt!" LOL!

@thizviz
Krasus
8 - Asteroid

lol, as a chinese i always create some Chinese expressions... Such as "long time no see", "mountain people mountain sea"

fmcmac
5 - Atom

Easy answer on that one, is there a way to do the same on the Dynamic Input tool? I am bringing in multiple files with the directory tool and want each record to hold the filename of its source. The dynamic tool doesn't appear to have this easy option.

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Look at the configuration of the "template" that you choose in the Dynamic Input tool. 

Labels