Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there any way to format my output excel file?

JorgeVazquez
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a tool in Alteryx to pre-set the format cells on my output spreadsheet. For instance, frezzing cells, number or percentage format on specific cells, cells auto width, etc.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

You should be able to set the formatting using the reporting tools then render it out to an xlsx

JorgeVazquez
7 - Meteor
Thank you for this.

I tried before but could not do it.

Could you please send a basic example flow?

Thanks!

Jorge Vazquez | Continuous Improvement Manager

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
JorgeVazquez
7 - Meteor
Thank you for this.

I tried before but could not do it.

Could you please send a basic example flow?

Thanks!

Jorge Vazquez | Continuous Improvement Manager

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
Matthew1
6 - Meteoroid

Jorge,

After processing your data you want to use 3 of the reporting tools: Table --> Layout ---> Render

Set all Table and column widths to fixed.  The Table width should be equal to the sum of the column widths.  Your column widths must be greater than the data or the header.  If not, excel will try to wrap that individual cell... then it will adjust all column widths how it sees fit (which is very badly).  Also, make sure the Layout Width in the Layout tool is equal to the Table Width in Table tool.  You may also have to adjust the Report Style in the render tool.  If the widths are still not working, set the Paper Style to custom and the Size to a width equal to Table Width, if that doesn't work make it wider.

I did not find a way to freeze cells in excel.

Formats: Percentage - in Table tool "Per Column Configuration" set Suffix to % and usually Dec. Places to 1 (or however many you want)

In excel, you will have a 'Custom' percentage format not the classic Percentage format

Currency -- Set the Prefix to $ and you will get Currency format in Excel

Other numbers will get Number format in Excel.  Also, a lot of text will have a Number format in Excel but it seems to act like General or Text formats (who knows why).

I don't have time to put a sample together now...

Good Luck!

Matthew

JorgeVazquez
7 - Meteor

Good. Will try this.

Thanks!

c_jones64
5 - Atom

Hi

How do we save the table in XLSX creating the Table format (Insert/Table) 

XLSX Table formatting.png

So Can we get it to this format?

Thank you

JorgeVazquez
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I would suggest you to create a new post with that.

As this is closed not sure an expert will look at it anymore.

From my side, I do not know the information you are asking. What I normally do is to run my process and extract the information into an excel spreadsheet where I create either pivot tables, graphs or whatever is needed.

Regards.

avalpand
5 - Atom

The render tool only allows us to format one sheet in an excel file.  How can we format multiple excel worksheets within one output file?

JamesCameron
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I've done this before by formatting each sheet separately as a table, union-ing them and then using a layout tool before rendering to get each formatted table on it's own tab.

Labels