Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there any way to format columns separately in each tab of an excel output?

Mond
8 - Asteroid

I'm having trouble getting render to output data how i would like it to. For example, I have 5 tables being put into tabs, and one of the tables has only 4 columns while the others all have like 20. I have unioned the tables and set render tool to create tabs for each table. I have also adjusted render to a custom size of say 20 inches by 11 inches (that covers the tabs with 20 cols). However, that applies to all tabs even the one with just 4. Is there a way to keep that single tab to say 8 inches while the rest to 20?

8 REPLIES 8
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Mond 

Have you tried Layout tool with option in percentage.

You can reduce the percentage to fit in.

ShankerV_0-1669395155672.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Mond 

Why dont you render the tables with 20 columns with 1 render tool and the tables with 4 columns with another render tool?

Mond
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0  can i then combine 2 render tools to a single file output as tabs?

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@Mond Yes, just use the same filename/different sheetnames and dont write them at the same time and it will work

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@Mond no, unfortunately ther is a limitation on the render tool that will overwrite the file and not the specific sheet (like the output tool allow us to do) - my trick will not work.

Maybe somebody else can help you, i underestimated the problem.

Mond
8 - Asteroid

@ShankerV thanks, but this doesn't appear to do anything.

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Mond
8 - Asteroid

@ShankerV  unfortunately, i'm trying to put everything into one file as separate tabs

Labels