Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there any way to collect the name of the user that ran an app in the gallery?

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Currently users type their name in a free text box, which is appended to a database to track entries associated with each run. I would prefer to identify the user based on their login to the gallery vs. a self-reported value. Is this possible?

2019-02-01_13-05-13.png

(Above is an image of how the app interface appears in the gallery. Propriety information is greyed out.)

2 REPLIES 2
Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

Hi @ddiesel ,

Hope all is well with you!

You can definitely find this info in the Mongo database but when I run the Alteryx Server Usage Report workflow, it generates a spreadsheet called App Executions that lists the app and its runner, time they ran it, execution time, results, etc.

You could either use this or dig around macro embedded in the Alteryx Server Usage Report workflow to figure out where it is pulling the data from.

Hopefully this helps.

Maureen

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

The Alteryx Server Usage Report workflow is exactly what I needed. 

Many thanks, Maureen!

Labels