Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there any option to try a Dynamic Sample Tool?

JoseMignone
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I am in a workflow where my input are more than 120 excel files so I used Directory tool for that. My problem is that I need all the data from each excel file since its row 72. But when I use Sample Tool it only filter the first 71 rows, but this does not replicate in every single file so I get data that I don´t need. I would like to know if it is possible to make this happen.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello,

You can use a dynamic read and specify from which column you need to start importing data (72 in your case) instead of a sample tool:

Below as an example I started importing data from row 14.

messi007_1-1620748166835.png

Attached the workflow,

Hope this helps,

Regards

JoseMignone
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much, that was very helpful!!! You even answered me other doubt that I had on mind.

Best Regards!

JoseMignone
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am sorry, but in case I want to do this same thing but the other way around? I mean, I would like to delete lines from the end of each file. Filter Tool is not an option because there are some lines that have the same data of the lines which I do need.

Thanks (again) in advance!

JoseMignone
7 - Meteor

Found it. "Record Limit" in the options Input Dynamic Tool was what I was looking for. No need for an answer.

Thanks anyway!

Labels