Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there any easy vlookup that would let me add on a column to a file?

rmartori
8 - Asteroid

Basically I have two files, lets call them file A and File B

File A will be an almost weekly document where the people will change each time But will feature their Name and Email.

File B Will rarely if ever change and figures basically the information of everyone in the company, specifically their Email and their Employee ID.

What I want to do is take File A and Search file B for the matching email and when it finds it puts the matching Employee ID number in a new Column in File A. 

Mostly the information from File A is coming from a Google Form output so I havent had a chance to go through all of the different google forms(there are like 6) to see how much they match up, but even a basic start of an idea and I could mess with it till it works.

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@rmartori 

It seems that you are looking at a Find and Replace Tool with Append Field(s) to Record option.

Capture1.PNG

skeen503979
8 - Asteroid

@rmartori Attached and below should be the droids you're looking for.

I prefer using the Join tool.  It's also useful if you want to view any E-mails (input from your Google form) that might be missing (or misspelled) from your list of Employee IDs.  

skeen503979_0-1614185366504.png

Labels