Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there any dynamic transform tools in Alteryx

ruchisrini
5 - Atom

I want to transform the rows into columns.. I am using the cross tab and arrange tools from transform category to get multiple records into one record, but these tools are not dynamic.

For example I have 5 records one customer had attended 3 different events and second customer attended 2 events I want the output as 2 records.

Like this

Input data is

cust_id       event_id

123             E1

123             E2

123             E3

234             E4

234             E5

After ran the work flow the output data should be like this

cust_id       event_id

123            E1;E2;E3

234            E4;E5

I am getting the above output using the transform tools but those are static not dynamic, If I have new records in my input data and if I want to get the new records data in the output then I have to do the process manually it is not dynamic. Please can you suggest me is there any other tool provide to me the same functionality dynamically?

2 REPLIES 2
michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Use the Summarize tool.

Group by [cust_id] then choose concatenate for [event_id] with ';' as the separator

Any new records for a customer will be added to the list.

ruchisrini
5 - Atom

Thanks Mike for quick reply.. It works thank you very much!!

Labels