Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way to use one set of filter results as a filter for larger dataset?

cerampone
5 - Atom

Hi there, I'm still learning Alteryx and have been building out the following workflow:

cerampone_1-1605534289747.png

I am pulling all financial detail for 2019 and filtering only on a specific account number (ie. 1000) in order to gather all transaction numbers that are associated with that account (ie. 10, 20, 30, 40, etc.)

Each transaction number has a debit and credit account, so I would like to take all of the transaction numbers associated with the revenue account 1000 and filter the larger dataset on all transaction numbers that were pulled from the first filter mentioned. 

Is there a way to loop in the results of the first filter so as to automate the second filter into only pulling the transactions associated with revenues? Currently, I have a few hundred transaction numbers.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

your question not clear, but i suppose you asking for Custom filter?

or something around using macro?

with custom filter you can use condition 1 and condition 2 together so that if both conditions are satisfied

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Dear @cerampone,

Have you tried to use the union tool:

messi007_0-1605534851066.png

Attached the simple workflow.

Regards,

cerampone
5 - Atom

Apologies if the question is confusing - I'm still learning and tried my best to explain!

Unfortunately, I don't think a custom filter will work because I will need to see both sides of each entry. If I filter on revenue account 1000, I'd only be able to see one side of the entry - the revenue side. 

If building out a macro makes more sense, do you know of any good examples of a macro that I could build off of?

Thanks

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Dear @cerampone,

Could you please share a sample data with an example of what you expect to have 🙂

Regards,

cerampone
5 - Atom

Thank you @messi007 !! That did the trick

Labels