Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way to setup Excel cells height and width through Alteryx?

bmay10
7 - Meteor

The Excel worksheet is setup correctly through Alteryx. But, some cells do not have enough room to give full number. Is there a setting on Alteryx so that on Excel, it does not show #########?

This is just an example in what I am seeing on Excel. The whole number does appear on the Formula bar. 

6 REPLIES 6
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @bmay10 ,

One workaround that I can think of is exploiting the functionality of the report tools. Stick a table tool and clear up any formatting.

Then after the table tool, use a render tool and set it to output an excel file.

AngelosPachis_0-1610565979963.png

If the provided report style/paper size at the bottom of the configuration window is set to be wide enough, then you should not see any ####### values.

Let me know if that worked for you.

Regards,

Angelos

bmay10
7 - Meteor

I do appreciate for the example.

I have tried using those steps. I do have a table and render on the canvas, I checked the settings. I tried by changing the default table settings on the Table. Also, on the table, I looked  at each column's width, alignment, and so on.

I am still trying to fix it so that it shows numbers, not #### on Excel.  

DanielG
12 - Quasar

You could also create a template in Excel and instead of overwriting an entire sheet, you can just created a named range and overwrite that, thereby keeping the rest of the Excel sheet formatting intact.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

That sounds about right @bmay10 ,

Also make sure to configure the Render tool as shown in the screenshot above, this is what will have the most impact.

bmay10
7 - Meteor

thank you

bmay10
7 - Meteor

thanks 

Labels