Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way to setup Excel cells height and width through Alteryx?

bmay10
7 - Meteor

The Excel worksheet is setup correctly through Alteryx. But, some cells do not have enough room to give full number. Is there a setting on Alteryx so that on Excel, it does not show #########?

This is just an example in what I am seeing on Excel. The whole number does appear on the Formula bar. 

6 REPLIES 6
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @bmay10 ,

One workaround that I can think of is exploiting the functionality of the report tools. Stick a table tool and clear up any formatting.

Then after the table tool, use a render tool and set it to output an excel file.

AngelosPachis_0-1610565979963.png

If the provided report style/paper size at the bottom of the configuration window is set to be wide enough, then you should not see any ####### values.

Let me know if that worked for you.

Regards,

Angelos

bmay10
7 - Meteor

I do appreciate for the example.

I have tried using those steps. I do have a table and render on the canvas, I checked the settings. I tried by changing the default table settings on the Table. Also, on the table, I looked  at each column's width, alignment, and so on.

I am still trying to fix it so that it shows numbers, not #### on Excel.  

DanielG
12 - Quasar

You could also create a template in Excel and instead of overwriting an entire sheet, you can just created a named range and overwrite that, thereby keeping the rest of the Excel sheet formatting intact.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

That sounds about right @bmay10 ,

Also make sure to configure the Render tool as shown in the screenshot above, this is what will have the most impact.

bmay10
7 - Meteor

thank you

bmay10
7 - Meteor

thanks 

Labels