Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way to see all records with warnings instead of just first 10?

ebolatkale
5 - Atom

I'm trying to see all records with "too many fields in record #" and "not enough fields in record #" warnings to filter those and analyze them separately. However I can only see the first 10 in the results window. Is there a way to see all of these warnings? Or even filter those records from the data set?

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Have you tried using the browse tool? If it doesnt work the only solution I can think of is to try to open the file in notepad++ and check it there

ebolatkale
5 - Atom

I have over 100 million line items, Notepadd++ is not an option to use on my work computer and I'm not sure if I could open the file even if I had it. Browse is not helpful because those records with "too many fields in record #" are truncated even if I locate them in Browse. But the main issue is I don't even see which records have problems other than the first 10 that are listed in the results window, I would like to see all records with those warning messages.   

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

And changing the delimiter in the input to < \0 >? this will read the whole file directly without parsing.

You can add then a parse tool to see correctly your data

ebolatkale
5 - Atom

Yes, that helped me identify the records with excess fields, thank you!

Labels