Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way to see all records with warnings instead of just first 10?

ebolatkale
5 - Atom

I'm trying to see all records with "too many fields in record #" and "not enough fields in record #" warnings to filter those and analyze them separately. However I can only see the first 10 in the results window. Is there a way to see all of these warnings? Or even filter those records from the data set?

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Have you tried using the browse tool? If it doesnt work the only solution I can think of is to try to open the file in notepad++ and check it there

ebolatkale
5 - Atom

I have over 100 million line items, Notepadd++ is not an option to use on my work computer and I'm not sure if I could open the file even if I had it. Browse is not helpful because those records with "too many fields in record #" are truncated even if I locate them in Browse. But the main issue is I don't even see which records have problems other than the first 10 that are listed in the results window, I would like to see all records with those warning messages.   

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

And changing the delimiter in the input to < \0 >? this will read the whole file directly without parsing.

You can add then a parse tool to see correctly your data

ebolatkale
5 - Atom

Yes, that helped me identify the records with excess fields, thank you!

Labels