Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way to filter discussions on this page to see only unanswered questions?

terry10
11 - Bolide

I'd like to help answer unanswered questions, but I don't want to have to dig through the many questions that are already answered or solved. Is there a way to filter the discussions?

5 REPLIES 5
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @terry10,

On the search bar, there is a filter called metadata. You can click on it to look only for solved posts:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=

There no way to check for only unsolved. You could edit the url and change the parameter "solved=true" to "solved=false" but won't do anything

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@terry10 ,

I encourage you to not limit yourself to unanswered posts. You'll learn more by solving and providing your unique perspective on any post. There are hawks out there trying to answer first, but first isn't always the best or the only way to solve a challenge. 

if the post is interesting,  answer it. 

@LeahK   would agree. 

Many solution tags as accepted are encouraged. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
terry10
11 - Bolide

Thanks for your response. It is 'unanswered' questions I was looking for, not 'unsolved' questions.

Do you know a way to find 'unanswered' questions?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @terry10 

I second @MarqueeCrew's suggestion.  I learn at least one new trick or technique every day from scanning all the posts on the community, solved, answered or not.   There's often a follow up question that goes unanswered as well, so you'd be missing out on the opportunity to help out there as well.  Sometimes people don't actually answer the question that was asked, or will focus on a symptom of the problem as opposed to trying to get to the root cause.  

There's ample opportunity for all of us to help out.

Dan

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @terry10 

After having encouraged(see below) you to NOT limit yourself to only unanswered post, here's a way that you can see these.  On the main Community page , under the What's Happening banner, there's a filter to display only unanswered. It's the unanswered posts from all the forums, but hey...it's a start.

unanswered.png

Dan

Labels