Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there a way to add two columns in basic table ?

manu_sept
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Currently I am working on an daily expense report where in I need to generate new column in basic table by adding multiple columns from the basic table and the position of the columns should remain same throughout. 

Below mentioned is the data

manu_sept_0-1633087666798.png

Formula

Sep 21= Till 29th Sep + 30th Sep

Q3-21= Sep 21 Total+ Aug 21 Total+ July 21

Expected Output in basic table

H1'21July 21 Total Aug 21 Total Till 29th Sep30th  SepSep 21 Total Q3- 21 Till 30 Sep Total YTD Till 30 Sep-21

And FYR attaching below 29th Sept and 30th Sept output headers

manu_sept_1-1633087792319.png

manu_sept_2-1633087801148.png

Looking forward to hear it from experts. 

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @manu_sept ,

I think you should use a formula tool before your table tool and create those two new columns by adding the formulae in two different expression boxes.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @manu_sept, the tools available within the Reporting tool palette are meant to merely help us generate an output file (& support conditional formatting) and do not support computation. For purposes of what you are looking to achieve, you will need to use a formula tool as suggested by @AngelosPachis.

manu_sept
7 - Meteor

Hi @AngelosPachis

Thanks for your reply. 

I had already created the formula tool and had generated the reports. 

But the issue out here is when a new date column gets added in the basic table, the newly added column is getting published as the last column in the basic table. This is causing formatting issue and currently I am manually rearranging the columns in basic table. 

Manually doing it for 18 reports daily is time consuming and this is where I am looking for a solution where in if I can create the logic in the basic table will eliminate the manual task.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @manu_sept ,

Did you move the Unknown Field at Select tool?

If you want to place the new field after Field1, you can set the bellow setting.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1633348184870.png

After that, if the Field4 is added, it will be as follows.

AkimasaKajitani_1-1633348339037.png

Labels