Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a limitation as to how many files a render tool can output?

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Hi experts,

I am trying to output 185 files in total, each having two sheets. Each sheet has a different data set it is gathering info from. Originally, these were output tools but I needed to do some formatting so I converted them into Render tools. I have followed the advice on the other posts and setup the workflow like this (see below image). These are actually two independent workflows that ran without errors. I needed to combine them though in order to get formatted sheets, since the render tool throws a "Repair.. " error and adds a blank sheet instead. 

It is able to generate 27 out of 185 files successfully, then the other outputs follow with this error:

Render (39): You have found a bug. Replicate, then let us know. We shall fix it soon.

Capture.PNG

Is there a limitation as to how many files a render tool can output?

Any tips and help is appreciated.

Regards,

Kat

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @KMadamba ,

As far as I know it has to be with the overall performance of your computer and the reassignation of resources while having large workloads.

You could also change your strategy and format your sheets using a visual basic macro to be applied to the excel file, which saves space on your drive and is also faster.

Cheers

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @afv2688  for the suggested workaround

dushyant1234
5 - Atom

Render tool shows 300 mb limit excessed but file created is 10 MB , Can you show use vba script to run using alteryx 

Labels