community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Is there a decision tool to choose which path to continue with?

Asteroid

Hi all, 

I'm not sure if this will make sense, but is there some kind of decision tool that will choose which path to continue with?  So for instance, if I have a workflow that contains a bonus accrual of $100 per month with some more tools to perform some other calculations.  However, there is an option to join the data with an adjustment file to increase the monthly accrual amount which would then have other tools to calculate the difference between the original amount and do some other calculations.  Therefore, there are two potential workflow paths based upon if there is an adjustment. Is there a tool that will allow me to put in a criteria to figure out which path should be used?  I hope this wasn't super confusing.  Thank you.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

I think I figured it out using the Filter tool.  Don't know why it took me that long to realize the tool is staring me in the face.  LOL.

Asteroid

You got it! The filter tool is exactly what you want. I think you should give yourself the solution since you answered your own question!

Labels