Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a book available for building pdfs?

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

I have racked my brain trying to build a workflow with pdfs that have differing snippet structures to no avail. I am so new to this that it is even difficult to know how to phrase what I need.

Can someone please tell me if there is a book available that will show me all I need to know to build pdfs? I have searched the forum, watched suggested videos, done all the interactive lessons and I am still stuck

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @SDJ57,

Perhaps it would be a good idea to break down your question a bit. To output a table to PDF for instance all you need is the reporting tools specifically the table and render tool:

IraWatt_1-1662985830575.png

You can add headers, footers and images before hand with their respective tools and add a layout tool to say how you want everything arranged. The reporting videos should have covered this: Interactive Lessons - Alteryx Community

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

Hi @IraWatt, I am able to successfully build pdfs that have header, tables, notes, pull data into the tables and all snippets, as long as they are of the same snippet structure. But I need to be able to create multiple variations of these reports per item. I can build them individually, but when I try to bring them all together, I lose pagination. 

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

The solution is to use section breaks in the render tool.

Labels