Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a Wait macro?

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I need a macro that takes as input an integer representing the number of seconds the macro needs to wait until allowing the stream of data to continue.

My issue is that I have a free account to a data provider that allows me a limited number of data calls per minute. I'd like to make that number of calls and then wait almost a minute and then go to the next set of calls.

I've tried to create an iterative macro that will compare the start time to the current time, but so far I've just succeeded in creating a macro that is stuck in an infinite loop. 

I've reached the point in any good development project where I think, "I wonder if anyone else has done this already."

Thanks In Advance,

John Hollingsworth

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
3 REPLIES 3
ChadM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi John!

Are you on Alteryx 9.1?  We have a tool in the Laboratory called Throttle that I think will do what you need.  

One thing of note, since it is in the laboratory category the final tool could change a bit.  

Thanks!

Chad
Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
Nailed it!

The Throttle tool is even better for my needs than a wait macro.

Thanks Chad!
John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi John,

Better late than never! I know the throttle tool solved your problem. Anyway, the waiting tool is here.

http://inviso.dk/2016/waitasecond-alteryx-waiting-tool/

Cheers

Labels