Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is the Alteryx Schedule on My Computer option not available with Designer 14-day trial?

krishnasilpa
5 - Atom

Hi,

I had an option to schedule the workflow on My Computer with the Alteryx Designer 14-day trial that I had used 1 month back.

My colleague has recently downloaded the Alteryx Designer 14-day Trial and she is unable to find the option.

Is that option excluded from the trial offering?

Please share the details.

Thanks,

Krishna

9 REPLIES 9
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Scheduling is an additional license that is not included in the trial. Your company may already have access to an Alteryx Server where you can schedule your workflows. I would recommend reaching out to the Account Executive who assists your company for additional licensing information. 

krishnasilpa
5 - Atom

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the reply.

So, you mean to say the trial doesn't include the Designer + Desktop Automation feature?

Has it recently been removed from the trial version by any chance?

Because I have used that option to schedule a workflow on My computer when I used 14-day trial last month.

That is why looking for clarification.

Thanks again!

Krishna

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

As far as I know it is not included in the 14 day trial at this time.

Langs
5 - Atom

Hi Brandon,

I have the fully purchased Alteryx + Desktop Scheduler license and yet this "Computer" option is also missing for me.

Langs_0-1599448433562.png

Any ideas?

Thanks.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Langs your issue is most likely a different one. Do you have the admin version installed? This is required for the service to run properly. If you do have the admin version installed you may need to set up your Run As user in Options -> Advanced Options -> System Settings. If you don't see this menu you likely do not have the admin version installed. If you do see the system settings you most likely just need to set up the Run As user. 

Langs
5 - Atom

@BrandonB thanks for getting back to me. I do have the admin version installed. The Run As user is setup, and I can view the System Settings menu.

I have also validated that the desktop scheduler license is valid.

I notice that the Alteryx Service is not currently running. Am I under the correct assumption that this will not be running until something is scheduled?

Langs
5 - Atom

Ok I managed to fix it with some fiddling. I changed around quite a few of the related system settings but no matter what, when starting the Alteryx Service it would stop itself a moment later.

Restarted the PC and it started fine automatically. Now the "My Computer" option appears!

IlvaPwC
5 - Atom

Hi, unfortunately I do have the same problem as  @langs had, but I do not understand how you solved the problem. 'My computer' does not appear in my window and I do have both the alteryx desktop automation license as well as the alteryx designer license. Also, I have set Run as Worker, but I do not see Run as User....

Do you have advice?
Screenshot 2024-02-07 172117.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@IlvaPwC do you have the admin version of Designer installed?  If not, this is required. If you do have the admin version installed, you will want to check your windows Services to see if AlteryxService is running. If not, you can try manually starting it from the windows services window. Alternatively, you may need to open Designer, go to Options -> Advanced Options -> System Settings, and click through the menu to apply the settings and start the service. Without the service running, "My Computer" will not show. 

Labels