Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is showing/hiding macro inputs based on drop-down menu choice possible with Interface Tool

Philip
12 - Quasar

I'm working on a macro who's inputs depend on which model is selected. I'd like to create dynamic input information for each selected model. Choices would show/hide based on the model chosen, similar to how the dynamic rename tool changes configuration properties based on the Rename Model.

Is showing/hiding inputs based on a drop-down choice possible with Alteryx's Interface tools? How can I show/hide properties based on the drop-down choice?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

I don't think it's possible to do it with a drop down because you can't nest anything under it in the Interface Designer, but it's definitely possible with a Check Box or Radio Button.  The Check Box/Radio Button needs to have "Collapse Group when Deselected" checked.

Nested 2.JPG

The second step is to go into the Interface Designer and nest the input underneath the appropriate Check Box/Radio Button.

Nested Text Box.JPG

This will result in an input that is only activated when the Check Box/Radio Button is selected. I often use this method along with turning on and off containers within the workflow.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Philip
12 - Quasar

It's proving a bit more complicated using the radio button and check box approach, but I think this is going to work. Thanks!

Labels