Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is it possible to run only a part of the entire Alteryx workflow?

Cathy_L
7 - Meteor

As I build and make changes to some parts of the Alteryx workflow I'm building, there are times I'd like to run the workflow but do not need it to run till the end. For example:

1. If I've built a 20 step process, and only would like to "test" how steps 1-10 works, is that possible?
  2. If I made a change between steps 3 & 4, and would like to see how the result at that point, is it possible to run from steps 1-5 (4 would now be 5 since I inserted a step between 3 & 4.

Appreciate the help!

6 REPLIES 6
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@Cathy_L  Not completely sure if this is what you are looking for. But a very simplistic solution would be to separate these steps into individual containers. That way you can either manually or dynamically enable/disable containers.

JagdeeshN_0-1650995067349.png

Cathy_L
7 - Meteor

Thank you @JagdeeshN !

Could you please confirm if my understanding is correct? From what you're saying, if I group the steps and put them in different containers, that would give me the ability to turn off downstream containers and only the containers turned on would run? 

Thank you for your post!!

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@Cathy_L  You got it right.

Cathy_L
7 - Meteor

I would say this is a good option. Thank you! I'll definitely accept your suggestion as a solution.

Will be interesting if there are other ideas but I'm happy to use this to do what I need for my workflow.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Cathy_L 

There's an idea for something like this submitted, definitely give it a like so it gets considered

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Run-up-to-Selected-Tool/idi-p/925482

Cathy_L
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Luke_C ! Liked that idea, and also liked your comment! Always appreciate your inputs!!

Labels