Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is it possible to run Alteryx schedules without having a Desktop Automation/Server License

aarish790
5 - Atom

Dear Community members,

I am new to Alteryx and learning this tool while exploring in this community world.

I am having the Alteryx Designer License only and I want to schedule some of the workflows to run 24×7 on weekdays and some on weekends as well.

Can you please let me know is it possible to schedule Alteryx workflows using Powershell, Cron (Unix OS), Terminal,Python script, command line etc without actually having the Desktop Automation or Server License?

And also can you please let me know the per year cost of Alteryx Desktop Automation and Server Licenses?

9 REPLIES 9
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @aarish790 

The only way you can schedule Alteryx workflows now is with a Server Licence.

You would need to contact your Alteryx Account Manager for costs.

Raj
13 - Pulsar

You can go with a Scheduler license as well

if and only if your only motive is to schedule your workflows from the designer.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @aarish790 

Unfortunately, without one of these licenses you cannot do it. https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/schedule-workflows

The best way to see the prices is by contacting the Alteryx Partner that is responsible for your account or the Alteryx team: https://www.alteryx.com/products/pricing

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1672752147242.png

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Alteryx_AR 

If this works and is not breaking some Alteryx rule, this is gold. Thanks for sharing, never saw these options.

aarish790
5 - Atom

Hi @Alteryx_AR

Thanks for sharing this link.

Do you have any idea whether any of the solutions stated in that link will work? because none of them is accepted as a solution?

Thanks

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

@aarish790 I recommend to go with the solution provided by @Dougyv21

kunanonc
5 - Atom

Can we install Designer Licence on Azure Virtual Desktop with Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session? 

Anyone have experience on this?

lvidhyas
5 - Atom

where is this solution?

Labels