Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is it possible to remove columns after a table?

MWon
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I currently have a workflow that, at the end, has a table that groups some data by manager. Right now, the table looks like this

MWon_0-1658438794312.png

I want to remove users who do not have any entries in their column. Is it possible to do this after the table has rendered it out, or would I have to manipulate it beforehand? 

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @MWon 

Apologies if this is a different question or use case, but the macro solution I provided in the below thread would seem to do that, no? If something isn't working or you need further clarification please let me know. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Question-about-batch-macro-input/td-p/...

Luke_C_0-1658439613272.png

MWon
7 - Meteor

Hi!  I've been having trouble with getting macros to work, since I'm not too familiar with them. I wanted to see if there was a workaround to not using macros, hence why I made this post.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Once the table is created I'm not sure there's a way to do what you're asking. What problems are you having with macros? I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it. 

ericsundby
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you give us an example of what you would like the end output to look like? Maybe a screenshot from Excel. I just want to make sure I'm understanding what you're trying to accomplish.

MWon
7 - Meteor

It starts like this, with the table outputting a number of tables like this, some of which have empty columns 

CurriculumUser1User2User3User4
Curriculum1x   
Curriculum2 x  
Curriculum3  x 

And ends like this, where the empty columns are removed 

CurriculumUser1User2User3
Curriculum1x  
Curriculum2 x 
Curriculum3  x

Labels