Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is it possible to pass a value directly to an alteryx routine from a 3rd party app?

AkisM
10 - Fireball

For example I want to run a Python script and with it pass a value to the Alteryx Routine through the Alteryx API perhaps. Is that possible and what would it look like?

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @AkisM ,

Why dont you use Alteryx Python tool in to load the data to Alteryx.

Alteryx Python tool has a jupyter notebook built in. You do most of the actions.

Give it a try

AkisM
10 - Fireball

Python was used as an example. The "3rd party app" I'm talking about is in the development stages and does not exist yet.

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

@AkisM 

Yes, this is possible.

Go to C:\Program Files\Alteryx\APIs\SampleCode\AlteryxApiSample and see how they use C#.   I used that as a foundation to understand how to send data to workflows and retrieve the results in an IIS website. You can also use the REST API directly.

Good luck!
David

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

I was remiss in not mentioning the Gallery API pages, available in your Alteryx Server.  You can plug in the keys and secrets from your profile and play around interactively with the REST API.  A lot can be learned there.

Labels