Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is it possible to make a filter saying IF the column named "XXYY" doesn't exist........

Cesc
8 - Asteroid

Hi community!! :)

Is it possible to make a filter saying IF the column named "XXYY" doesn't exist., create the XXYY with all lines in blank or "0"? or replace some other column's name with the name "XXYY"?

Is this possible?¿

Thank you very much in advance,

4 REPLIES 4
FilipR
11 - Bolide

Please find my solution attached.

Version 1 (the hard way):

FilipR_0-1657194976053.png

Version 2 (🤣):

FilipR_0-1657195407709.png

NaomiMariaThomson
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Made it as an app for convenience. You can remove interface tools and input hard coded values if needed.

First just check the True of Filter 15 if there is an output for true, stop, else check final product of the Join 24. 

If you wanna make this more detailed, a macro can also be made I guess.

Let me know if this works!

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Cesc ,

You will find attached a file with a simple standard macro that allows you to add a field if it is missing.

And it works with as many fields as you want. Just separate them with a comma and no spaces as shown in the example feed attached.

Let us know if it works the way you want.

Cheers,

PS : Pay attention to the fact that the macro must be present in the same folder as your workflow for everything to work smoothly.

Emmanuel_G_0-1657200156689.png

Cesc
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much! We were able to resolve our doubts.

Labels