Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is it possible to export an Alteryx workflow to R application or convert it to R code?

gth639b
6 - Meteoroid

Hello I'm new to Alteryx, but I wanted to know if it is possible to export a workflow created in Alteryx to a file that can be imported into the standard R application. The reason I am asking is because I have created a logistic model in Alteryx where I also performed substantial data cleaning and conversion. This is a school project that I have worked on where the company that I am working with does not have Alteryx but they do have R. They would like to integrate the logistic model into their systems so they can predict and score the likelihood of a certain event in real time. My experience with R is very limited and I was wondering if there was a way to import a work flow into R or convert the work flow into R code and then import it into R.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@gth639b,

Natively, there is no option to export the processes of an Alteryx workflow so that it can be reproduced in R, or any other application for that matter.

Not to say it can't be done since an Alteryx workflow/macro/app file is simply XML data, but it would require someone to create a pretty extensive conversion program to do so.

gth639b
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you. I was not sure if it was possible.

sharminfa
5 - Atom

It would be a good feature if Alteryx could bring that option in future- Converting Alteryx workflow into R programming code

Labels