Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is it possible to auto generate Python script (ML tools) from Altery

Sashankbongu
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I have a requirement to run ML models in Python/Jupyter notebook. 

Is there a way to auto generate the Python script for Machine learning models from Alteryx model tools (DT, Forest, Boosted ..etc) .

Like I create the model in Alteryx and use it to generate a model for the same data set in Python ?

Thanks,

Sashank

6 REPLIES 6
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Sashankbongu - The I like to describe Alteryx capabilities is visually represented in the picture below:

ArtApa_0-1600761932236.png

1) You can write your script using R or Python tools (Code-Friendly)

2) You can drag & drop R Predictive tools (Code-Free). Each tool is a macro. You can open a macro and use R code immediately.

ArtApa_1-1600762137730.png

3) You can use Assisted Modelling from the Intelligence Suite. This will allow you to generate Python code for your model and then adjust it in the Python tool (Jupyter notebook):

ArtApa_2-1600762372585.png

Hope that helps.

Sashankbongu
7 - Meteor

Thanks @ArtApa .
I cannot see assisted modeling tool or ML Tool.  Do even see in the downloads.  Can you tell where I can download ML tools from . 

Sashankbongu_0-1600906114321.png

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Sashankbongu - You need to be on 2020.2 or later. Then you will be able to find the following tool palette:

ArtApa_0-1600919845682.png

You can learn how to use the intelligence suite here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Intelligence-Suite-Learning-Path/ta-p/581746

Finally, if your tools are locked you need to contact your account executive to receive trial keys.

Sashankbongu
7 - Meteor

Thanks much mate, 

I might need to get our IT helpdesk to install the tool on my Citrix Windows 10 PC. 

Sashankbongu
7 - Meteor

Hi @ArtApa  I got 2020.3 version but cannot see Machine Learning tool set. Can this be downloaded and mapped? 

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Sashankbongu - Try to press "+" and tick the box for Machine Learning. Note that if tools are locked you need to speak to your Alteryx Account Manager.

ArtApa_0-1601008648990.png

Labels