Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is MariaDB compatible with In-database?

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL (which is compatible with in-db)  - has anyone tried this? 

3 REPLIES 3
jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I just connected to my local MariaDB instance using In-DB, so the answer is yes. I just learned something new today, thanks!

donald
5 - Atom

thank  you for sharing, can you please tell me what connector did you use to connect to MariaDB? is it a in-DB  built in connector ? or ODBC? did you just do the same thing you would do if you connected to MySQL?

Thank you

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Either the Input tool or the Connect In-DB tool work. I basically used the same settings as if i connected to MySQL (ODBC for input tool). For clarity, see the steps i took below.

You'll have to set it up:

Input Tool

Dropdown Menu -> Other Databases -> ODBC -> ODBC Admin -> Add (Choose System DSN tab if you want the system processes to have access to the connection) -> Select driver (MySQL ODBC 8.0 Unicode Driver) -> fill in connection information and hit OK

Then this connection will be available on the ODBC Connection window as a drop down in the "Data Source Name" box.

Connect In-DB

Dropdown Menu -> Manage Connection -> Datasource = MySQL -> Fill out rest of connection info and it will create a new connection to be used later directly from the tool dropdown menu. 

Labels