Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is Alteryx Server necessary for scheduling a workflow?

LEXQ2005
8 - Asteroid

Is Alteryx Server necessary for scheduling a workflow?

To set up an auto-run schedule for the Alteryx workflow, is Alteryx Server necessary?

I watched some videos online and tried to follow the processes but found I cannot duplicate the work result. I learned that my department does not have Alteryx Server, wondering if that is the reason hold me there.

My workflow is: input data from SharePoint list, Excel and CSV (Excel and CSV in a shared folder), do data cleaning and blending, and output data as Tableau Extract File.

If any of you have a solution to schedule the workflow but do not need Alteryx Server, please share your insight. Video training/post with screenshots will be extremely helpful for me to follow.

2 REPLIES 2
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @LEXQ2005,

There are only two options for scheduling a workflow:

(1) Using Alteryx Server

(2) Designer plus Desktop Automation (an add-on to designer allowing scheduling of workflows on local machine)

Further information is available at https://help.alteryx.com/2018.2/ScheduleNewJob.htm

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

My biz currently has Alteryx Designer and Alteryx Server.  Server price is going up TREMENDOUSLY at license renewal - EOM June, 2021.  Is there anyway to schedule workflows without Server?  What is Designer plus Desktop Automation I keep reading about?  Anyone know how to show me if we have Designer plus Desktop Automation functionality?  Just curious.  Would appreciate a conversation around this - seems we are backed up against the wall.  

Labels