Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Investran and/or Coda API

Billigans
8 - Asteroid

Team AYX, 

Does anyone know of or have an API for Investran or Coda. I have a project coming up that will require me to pull a significant amount of data from both systems and this would be a big help. 

Billigans

License to Solve

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Billigans 

A quick search of the Intertubes dug up these 2 sources

Investran - API document Link

Coda - API test page (currently in Beta so use at your own risk)  reference docs 

Dan

LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@danilang 

Do you know how one would interact with the Investran API in Alteryx? I looked through the Application Programming Interface section from the link you attached, but I am having trouble understanding as I have only worked with REST APIs.

I really appreciate any help/resources you have to offer!

-Luke

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @LukeG 

I've never used the Investran API, myself.  From a quick perusal of the docs, like it's a method to interact with a mainframe running over LU6.2 which is an old IBM communications protocol.  The protocol itself is rather low level and can by called from TCP/IP according to this paragraph

"3.2.63 USING THE API WITH TCP/IP
The API component of the Investment Accounting (InvestOne)/SDK can be invoked using
standard TCP/IP calls. The Investment Accounting (InvestOne) implementation uses the following
TCP/IP verbs: INITAPI, GETCLIENTID, SOCKET, CONNECT, WRITE, RECV, CLOSE, TERMAPI. There
are TCP/IP communication libraries available for virtually any platform. You can call these libraries
from virtually any language."

The examples they give use CICS which is a 50 yr-old transactional programming language 

From a modern day perspective, it looks like Microsoft Host Integration Systems will provide the interface between the mainframe and Windows.  

Your best bet here is probably to find a COBOL developer:) 

Dan

LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@danilang 

Thanks for the info! Based on the documentation, this seemed a little dated. Wish there was an easier way to connect!

Thanks again.

-Luke

DY1
7 - Meteor

Hi @Billigans 

Did you manage to get Alteryx to work with the API?

Labels