Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Inventory of each dish

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have attached two excel files, The quantity and Products files.

In the quantity file I have two columns SKU and quantity. Whereas in the Products file I have the explanation of SKU. So that each SKU present the quantity of each dish sold.

What I'm looking for is that I want to have the total number sold of each dish in the product file.

So any help in that please? 

14 REPLIES 14
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @Feras95p 

Can you use a Join tool and join on the SKU field?

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

After using the join tool what I can do? Do you understand what I'm trying to reach?

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Feras95p  I don't think so... Could you provide a sample of what you're wanting your output to look like based on those two inputs?

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

@Kenda  Ok I will provide for you example, let's say that in the quantity file we have only two SKU which are the highlighted yellow ones 

1.PNG

so from these will go to check in the products file 

2.PNG3.PNG

And the output should be like this

12.PNG

Note that sometimes the quantity will be more than one so it should multiply by the quantity number.

Hope now it's clear for you.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Feras95p 

Try the attached workflow to see if it gets you what you're looking for. Reach out with any additional questions. 

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

No, still what I'm looking for not clear for you, I want to have only the total number of sold of each dish as shown here in the example provided for you.

12.PNG

Your workflow given different output. If you can follow my example will be more clear for you 

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Feras95p 

I tweaked the workflow a little bit. Is this what you are looking for? If not, are you able to follow the logic and help me figure out where our disconnect is?

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Your first workflow the output from the join function  is that,

43.PNG

Which is great! I need only to add the highlighted green one. So, it's multiply  the quantity by the dish  and write the value as shown in the example I made. At the end I need each dish with the total number as shown in the previous example. Hope that's cleat now

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

So is this the final output you're expecting based on the two files you posted earlier? @Feras95p 

Dish 1Dish 2Dish 3Dish 4Dish 5Dish 6
Labels