Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Invalid type in operator ==.

DeanoNY
7 - Meteor

Good day, 

I have searched this topic all of the fields I am using are string fields and I still get the error. Any help would be appreciated Formula before the ENDIF.JPGAFTER THE ENDIF.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

I am not able to currently validate it myself but if you are using string fields you shouldn't write your numbers in brackets? 

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @DeanoNY 

In the first IF clause, you're comparing PR_Units as if it were text. In the others, you're comparing it as if it were a number. You need this to be the same, and based on the type of data in PR_Units

If you wanted to create a new numeric field, then create a brand new field and give it a numeric data type.

Please let me know if that helps

Cheers!

Esther

DeanoNY
7 - Meteor

Thank you that was the problem Pr Units was a string and either i had to put the value in quotes or change to a double with no quotes

DeanoNY
7 - Meteor

thank you for the prompt response I was able to get the solution

Labels