Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Invalid Range Error Creating New Sheet

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I am getting the following error when attempting to create a new sheet in an excel document. I have tried adding a sheet with name "Date" into the file and overwriting the sheet and receive the same error.

Error: Output Data (40): Invalid range: "Date". Check sheet to make sure the range exists, or specify a new range.

Wondering what's going wrong here and how I can fix it.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Menne18,

I believe Alteryx thinks that you want to write to a the named range "Date", rather than the sheet "Date".

Can you please post the configuration of your Output Data tool?

This below should work. Don't forget the '$' after the sheet name and setting the 'Overwrite Sheet' option.

clipboard_image_0.png

Hope this helps!

Giuseppe

6 - Meteoroid

Hi I am running into the same error. I deleted the sheet name in my output file. I am now trying to create a new sheet with the title "Provision." I have checked everything and including the "Overwrite Sheet (Drop)" option although that won't work since the sheet does not exist in the output file yet. Please advise. I have attached my screen shots below.

Thank you,

Jeanette

jeanvaladez_0-1573665128626.png

jeanvaladez_1-1573665204529.png

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello  @Menne18 

I encountered the same error. your recommendation over adding "$" after the name of the sheet, solved this error.

awesome. thanks,

this the full error:  

Error: Output Data (82): Invalid range: "Right_Page". Check sheet to make sure the range exists, or specify a new range.

Labels